Part Number: OM8373
Function: TV signal processor-Closed Caption decoder
Package: DIP 64 Pin
Image and pinouts :
The OM8373 and OM8378 combine the functions of a video processor together with a µ-Controller and US Closed Caption decoder. The ICs are intended to be used in economy television receivers with 110° picture tubes. The ICs have supply voltages of 8 V and 3.3 V and they are mounted in a SDIP-64 envelope.
• Vision IF circuit suitable for negative modulation with alignment-free PLL demodulator
• Internal (switchable) time-constant for the IF-AGC circuit
• The mono intercarrier sound circuit has a selective FM-PLL demodulator which can be switched to the different FM sound frequencies (4.5/5.5/6.0/6.5 MHz).
The quality of this system is such that the external band-pass filters can be omitted.
• Source selection between the ‘internal’ CVBS and an external CVBS or Y/C signal
• 1 external audio input.
• Integrated chrominance trap circuit
1. Tuner and Demodulation: The processor often includes a tuner to select and demodulate the desired broadcast signal (e.g., analog or digital television signals) from various channels and sources.
2. Video Decoding: It decodes video content, which may include formats such as NTSC, PAL, SECAM for analog broadcasts, or MPEG-2, H.264, H.265 (HEVC) for digital broadcasts. The processor can also handle high-definition (HD) and ultra-high-definition (UHD) video formats.
3. Audio Decoding: It decodes audio signals, including stereo and multichannel audio formats such as Dolby Digital and DTS. This allows for the reproduction of high-quality sound through the TV’s speakers or external audio systems.