Part Number: OZ9939, OZ9939GN
Function: LCDM Inverter Controller
Package: SOIC 16 Pin Type
The OZ9939GN is a high performance, cost-effective CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp)
controller designed for driving large-size Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) applications requiring 2 to
6 CCFLs. The controller converts unregulated DC voltages into a nearly sinusoidal lamp voltage and current waveforms.
The OZ9939 provides two drive signals for most power conversion topologies while maintaining
high-efficiency operation. The PWM controller provides a soft-start operation, current and
voltage regulation, over-voltage and over-current protection, high drive capability and multiple
dimming functions (internal PWM or external PWM or analog dimming functions).
The control logic provides a regulated ignition voltage and appropriate protection features for
over-voltage or over-current conditions.
• Negative PWM dimming polarity
• Constant operating frequency
• Drives positive/negative-impedance lamps during ignition
• High drive current for external MOSFETs
• User-defined ignition time and shutdown delay time
• Multiple mode dimming control
• Built-in intelligence for ignition and normal operation of CCFLs
• Built-in open-lamp protection and over-voltage protection for backlight system
• Optimized soft-start function