This post explains for the IGBT.
The Part Number is IRG4BC20KD, G4BC20KD.
The function of this semiconductor is 600V, 9A, UltraFast IGBT.
The package is TO-220AB Type
Manufacturer: International Rectifier
Preview images :
G4BC20KD IS INSULATED GATE BIPOLAR TRANSISTOR WITH ULTRAFAST SOFT RECOVERY DIODE.
IGBT stands for Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor. It is a type of power semiconductor device that combines the advantages of bipolar transistors (high voltage and current handling capability) and field-effect transistors (fast switching and low on-state resistance).
They are also used in applications where high voltage and high current are required, such as in welding equipment and induction heating.
An IGBT consists of a P-N-P-N structure with an insulated gate, which is used to control the flow of current between the emitter and collector terminals. When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it creates a conducting channel between the emitter and collector, allowing current to flow.
• Short Circuit Rated UltraFast: Optimized for high operating frequencies >5.0 kHz , and Short Circuit Rated to 10µs @ 125°C, VGE = 15V
• Generation 4 IGBT design provides tighter parameter distribution and higher efficiency than previous generation
• IGBT co-packaged with HEXFREDTM ultrafast, ultra-soft-recovery anti-parallel diodes for use in bridge configurations
• Industry standard TO-220AB package C Short Circuit Rated UltraFast IGBT VCES = 600V G E VCE(on) typ. = 2.27V @VGE = 15V, IC = 9.0A n-ch an nel Benefits
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vces = 600 V
2. Gate to Emitter Voltage: VGes = ± 20 V
3. Collector Current: Ic = 16 A
4. Drain power dissipation: PD = 60 W
5. Operating Junction Temperature: Tch = -55 to +150 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C
• Latest generation 4 IGBTs offer highest power density motor controls possible
• HEXFREDTM diodes optimized for performance with IGBTs. Minimized recovery characteristics reduce noise, EMI and switching losses
• This part replaces the IRGBC20KD2 and IRGBC20MD2 products
• For hints see design tip 97003