What is IRF530?
This is a power MOSFET used in electronic circuits for switching and amplification applications. It is an N-channel MOSFET with a voltage rating of 100V and a current rating of 14A. The IRF530 has a low on-resistance of 0.16 Ohm, which allows it to handle high power and reduce power loss.
Function : 14A, 100V, HEXFET Power MOSFET
Package: TO-220AB Type
Manufacturer: International Rectifier, a semiconductor company that specialized in power management technology, was acquired by Infineon Technologies AG in 2015.
Image and pinout
This is 100V, 14A, Power MOSFET. Third generation Power MOSFETs from Vishay provide the designer with the best combination of fast switching, ruggedized device design, low on-resistance and cost-effectiveness. The TO-220AB package is universally preferred for all commercial-industrial applications at power dissipation levels to approximately 50 W. The low thermal resistance and low package cost of the TO-220AB contribute to its wide acceptance throughout the industry.
Features of IRF530
1. Dynamic dV/dt Rating
2. Repetitive Avalanche Rated
3. 175 °C Operating Temperature
4. Fast Switching
5. Ease of Paralleling
6. Simple Drive Requirements
7. Compliant to RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC
1. It has a low on-resistance, which means it can handle high power and reduce power loss.
2. It has a higher current rating compared to the IRF510, making it suitable for high-power applications.
1. It has a relatively high gate capacitance, which may limit its use in high-frequency switching applications.
2. It is an N-channel MOSFET, which means it requires a positive gate voltage to turn on, making it incompatible with some circuits that require a negative gate voltage.
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = 100 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 20 V
3. Drain current: ID = 14 A
4. Maximum Power Dissipation: Pd = 88 W
5. Channel temperature: Tch = 175 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +175 °C