What is MJ15015?
It is a power transistor designed for use in high-power audio amplifier applications and other high-power switching applications.
The MJ15015 is an NPN bipolar junction transistor with a maximum collector current of 15 amps and a maximum collector-emitter voltage of 120 volts.
Function: Silicon NPN Power Transistor
Package: TO-3 Type
Manufacturer: SavantIC Semiconductor
Image and Pinouts:
Silicon NPN high frequency, high power transistorsin a metal envelope, primarily for use in audio andgeneral purpose.
1. With TO-3 package
2. Complement to type MJ15016
3. Excellent safe operating area
The MJ15015 offers high power handling capabilities, making it ideal for use in high-power audio amplifiers and other power switching applications. It also has a low collector-emitter saturation voltage, which helps to minimize power loss and improve efficiency. The transistor’s wide operating temperature range allows it to be used in a variety of different environments.
One potential disadvantage of the transistor is its relatively high cost compared to other power transistors. Additionally, its high current and voltage ratings make it unsuitable for low-power applications, where a smaller, lower-cost transistor might be sufficient.
1. For high power audio, stepping motor and other linear applications
2. Relay or solenoid drviers
3. DC-DC converters inverters
Absolute Maximum Ratings
1. Collector-base voltage Open emitter : VCBO = 200 V
2. Collector-emitter voltage Open base : VCEO = 120 V
3. Emitter-base voltage Open collector : VEBO = 7 V
4. Collector current : IC = 15 A
5. Base current : IB = 7 A
6. Collector power dissipation : PC = 180 W