This post explains for the semiconductor STR-G5643D.
The Part Number is STRG5643D. The Package is TO-220, 5 Pin.
The function of this semiconductor is SMPS-IC Off line switching regulator.
Manufacturer: Sanken, Allegro
Preview images :
1. D ( Drain Terminal )
2. S ( Sourece Terminal )
3. GND ( Ground )
4. Vcc ( Power Supply Terminal )
5. FB/O.C.P ( Over Current / Feedback Terminal )
A switching regulator, also known as a switching mode power supply (SMPS), is an electronic device used for voltage conversion. It efficiently converts one DC voltage level to another by rapidly switching the input voltage on and off. This switching action allows for higher efficiency compared to linear regulators, which dissipate excess energy as heat.
Some key advantages of switching regulators include:
1. High efficiency: Switching regulators can achieve efficiencies of 80% to 95% and sometimes even higher. This results in less power dissipation and longer battery life in portable devices.
2. Compact size: Switching regulators can be designed with smaller components due to higher efficiency and the ability to operate at higher frequencies.
3. Wide input voltage range: Switching regulators can handle a wide range of input voltages, allowing for flexibility in power sources.
4. Output voltage regulation: They provide good voltage regulation even with varying input voltage or load conditions.