The ESM740 brings the best compromise between a fast turn off time and a low gate trigger current for applications where fast switching and sensitive control is requested.
This is Silicon controlled rectifier. Thyristors are also known as silicon-controlled rectifiers (SCRs). They are characterized by their ability to conduct current in one direction once triggered by a gate signal and remain conducting until the current through them drops below a certain threshold or until the supply voltage is removed.
Thyristors find applications in various electrical and electronic systems, including motor control, power supply regulation, lighting control, and more. They are commonly used in high-power applications where solid-state switching and control of AC and DC power are required.
The function of this semiconductor is BI−DIRECTIONAL TRIODE THYRISTOR.
The package is TO-220 Type
The manufacturers of this product is Toshiba Semiconductor.
See the preview image and the PDF file for more information.
Preview images :
M2LZ47 is 800V, 2A thyristor. A thyristor is a semiconductor device commonly used for power control and switching applications. It is a four-layer, three-junction device that can conduct current in one direction when triggered.
Let’s break down the information:
(1) 800V: This indicates the maximum voltage rating of the thyristor. It means the thyristor can handle a maximum voltage of 800 volts without experiencing damage or breakdown.
(2) 2A: This specifies the maximum current rating of the thyristor. It means the thyristor can safely conduct a maximum current of 2 amperes without exceeding its specified limits.
Overall, the information provided describes a thyristor with an 800V maximum voltage rating and a 2A maximum current rating. These thyristors are typically used in applications that require high-voltage switching and power control, such as motor drives, power supplies, and industrial control systems.
1. Repetitive Peak Off−State Voltage : VDRM = 800V
2. R.M.S. On−State Current : IT (RMS) = 2A
3. High Commutation (dv / dt) : (dv / dt) c = 5V / μs (Min.)
4. Isolation Voltage : VISOL = 1500V AC
1. Peak Gate Power Dissipation : PGM = 3 W
2. Average Gate Power Dissipation : PG (AV) = 0.3 W
3. Peak Gate Voltage : VFGM = 10 V
4. Peak Gate Current : IGM = 1.6 A
1. AC POWER CONTROL
TOSHIBA is continually working to improve the quality and reliability of its products. Nevertheless, semiconductor devices in general can malfunction or fail due to their inherent electrical sensitivity and vulnerability to physical stress. It is the responsibility of the buyer, when utilizing TOSHIBA products, to comply with the standards of safety in making a safe design for the entire system, and to avoid situations in which a malfunction or failure of such TOSHIBA products could cause loss of human life, bodily injury or damage to property. In developing your designs, please ensure that TOSHIBA products are used within specified operating