Part Number: 2N3055
Function: 60V, 15A, Complementary Power NPN Transistor
Package: TO-3 Type
A NPN transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that consists of two n-type semiconductor materials separated by a single p-type material.
The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
When a small current is applied to the base, it controls a much larger current between the collector and emitter, making the NPN transistor an effective amplifier or switch.
The 2N3055 and MJ2955 are complementary silicon power transistors manufactured by the epitaxial base process, mounted in a hermetically sealed metal case, designed for general purpose switching and amplifier applications. […]
• Low collector-emitter saturation voltage
• Complementary NPN – PNP transistors
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 100 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 60 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 7 v
4. Collector Current: Ic = 15 A
5. Total Dissipation : Pc = 115 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -65 ~ +200°C
1. Switching and amplifier
2. Power switching circuits
3. Amplifier circuits
4. PWM applications
5. Regulator circuits
6. Switch mode power supply
7. Signal Amplifiers