This is a power switch IC designed for use in offline AC/DC power supplies. 5Q0765RT is a member of the KA5Q series of power switch ICs manufactured by Fairchild Semiconductor.
Part Number: 5Q0765RT, 500765RT, 5OO765RT
Function: Fairchild Power Switch (FPS)
Package: TO-220F-5L Type
Manufacturer: Fairchild Semiconductor
The Fairchild Power Switch(FPS) product family is specially designed for an off-line SMPS with minimal external components. The Fairchild Power Switch(FPS) consist of high voltage power SenseFET and current mode PWM controller IC.
PWM controller features integrated fixed oscillator, under voltage lock out, leading edge blanking, optimized gate turn-on / turn-off driver, thermal shut down protection, over voltage protection, temperature compensated precision current sources for loop compensation and fault protection circuit.
1. Quasi Resonant Converter Controller
2. Internal Burst Mode Controller for Stand-by Mode
3. Pulse by Pulse Current Limiting
4. Over Current Latch Protection
5. Over Voltage Protection (Vsync: Min. 11V)
6. Internal Thermal Shutdown Function
7. Under Voltage Lockout
8. Internal High Voltage Sense FET
9. Auto-Restart Mode
Pinout and Block Diagram
1. High efficiency due to low start-up and operating current.
2. Built-in protections eliminate the need for external components and reduce the component count of the power supply.
3. Wide input voltage range allows usage in various AC mains around the world.
4. The device has a frequency hopping function that minimizes EMI and enables compliance with regulatory standards.
Other data sheets are available within the file:
KA5Q0765RT, KA5Q0765RTTU, KA5Q0765RTYDTU