Part Number: DAP011
Function: PWM Current-Mode Controller
Package: SO-14 Pin type
Manufacturer: ON Semiconductor
Housed in an SO−14 package, the DAP011/DAP011C represents an enhanced version of the Maximus, DAP008, controller. Due to its high drive capability, SpeedKing drives large gate−charge MOSFETs which, together with internal ramp compensation and a user selectable frequency jittering, ease the design of modern AC/DC adapters. With an internal structure operating at a fixed 65/100 kHz frequency, the controller directly connects to the high−voltage rail for a loss less and clean startup sequence. Current−mode control also provides an excellent input audio−susceptibility and inherent pulse−by−pulse control. Internal ramp compensation easily prevents subharmonic oscillations from taking place in continuous conduction mode designs. When the current setpoint falls below a given value, e.g. the output power demand diminishes, the IC automatically enters the so−called skip cycle mode and provides excellent efficiency at light loads.
• Current−Mode Control with Adjustable Skip−Cycle Capability
• Internal Ramp Compensation
• Adjustable Frequency Jittering for Better EMI Signature
• Auto−Recovery Internal Output Short−Circuit Protection
• Adjustable Timer for Improved Short−Circuit Protection
• Dedicated Latch Input
• High Power AC/DC Converters for TVs, Set−Top Boxes, etc.
• Offline Adapters for Notebooks
• All Power Supplies