Part Number: LIS8512
Function: Two windings – primary-side control LED driver switch
Package: SOP 8 Pin type
LIS8512 is a control chip dedicated to LED constant current drive. By adopting the proprietary primary side LED constant current control technology, the system architecture has been simplified to the greatest extent.
It not only eliminates the optocoupler and 431 feedback devices required for traditional secondary side control, but also further eliminates the auxiliary winding used for feedback in the traditional primary side control architecture, feedback resistors, and rectifier diodes for IC power supply, etc. Passive components greatly reduce the system cost. Due to the high-voltage direct power supply, the output voltage range of the LIS8512 system has been greatly expanded, and the same drive system can drive 1~5 LEDs in series, which is convenient for the application of series models. The figure on the right shows a typical application of this chip.
LIS8512 also integrates complete protection functions, including cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection of input current, open circuit protection of current detection pin, IC over temperature protection, and open circuit and short circuit protection of output terminals, etc. […]
1. Patented sampling and power supply technology for auxiliary winding
2. Novel digital current loop control technology
3. Integrated transformer inductance compensation function
4. Integrated Leading Edge Blanking (LEB)
5. Integrated frequency jitter function
6. Ultra-low operating current (110uA)
7. Ultra-wide output voltage range
8. Chip undervoltage and overvoltage protection function
9. Cycle-by-cycle primary side peak current protection function