Part Number: R2A20101NP
Function: Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
Manufacturer: Renesas Technology
A monolithic synchronous step-down DC/DC converter is an integrated circuit (IC) that converts a higher input voltage to a lower output voltage with high efficiency. It is typically used in various applications such as power supplies, battery-powered devices, and portable electronics.
1. A monolithic synchronous step-down DC/DC converter is an integrated circuit (IC) that converts a higher input voltage to a lower output voltage with high efficiency. It is typically used in various applications such as power supplies, battery-powered devices, and portable electronics.
2. Here are some key features and components typically found in a monolithic synchronous step-down DC/DC converter:
3. Monolithic integration: The converter is designed as a single IC, integrating all necessary components on a single chip. This includes power MOSFETs, control circuitry, inductors, capacitors, and protection features.
Synchronous operation: The converter utilizes synchronous rectification, which means it uses both a high-side MOSFET and a low-side MOSFET to achieve efficient power conversion. This helps to minimize power loss and increase overall efficiency.
Step-down operation: The converter steps down the input voltage to a lower output voltage. It employs pulse width modulation (PWM) techniques to control the duty cycle of the switching signals, allowing precise regulation of the output voltage.
• Built-in low Ron power MOS FETs Pch Ron = 0.30 Ω (Typ), Nch Ron = 0.14 Ω (Typ) • High switching frequency: 2 MHz (Max) • Output current: 650 mA (Max) • Output ON/OFF control • Vout control • Power good monitor • Current share for redundant power supply operation • Vout = 0.5 V to (VIN – 0.5) V
• POL (Point of Load) power supplies • Power supply for microcomputer systems MCU-Core, I/O, Memory (DDR, SRAM, FLASH, HDD, etc.), FPGA, DSP, Graphic Processor • Battery powered equipment systems Cellular phone (CDMA power amplifier, MCU, DSP, ASIC), PDA, Digital camera, Portable game, Handy terminal Operating Circuit Example Vin 2.5V to 5.5V Cin 4.7 µ F Power Good Signal Output Error Amp. Output (for Current Share) Vref Input (for Vout Control) R2A20101 VIN ON/ OFF PWGD EAO LX PGND CRFB VFB L1 2.2 µ H Iout: Up to 650mA Vout 1.8V Rcf2 68k Ω Ccf1 47pF Rvf2 390k Ω Rvf1 150k Ω Rcf1 100k Ω Cout 4.7 µ F AGND VREF (Internal Vref = 0.5V) Notes: 1. All ceramic capacitor 2. Rcf1 : Rcf2(recommend) = 3 : 2 3. fsw is adjustable by Ccf1, Rcf1, and Rcf2. REJ03D0790-0300 Rev.3.00 May 14, 2008 Page 1 of 9[…]