A step-down switching regulator, also known as a buck converter, is an electronic circuit or device used in power electronics to convert a higher input voltage to a lower output voltage with high efficiency. It is a type of DC-DC converter widely used in various applications to efficiently regulate voltage levels.
Part Number: A6902D
Function: Up to 1 A Step Down Switching Regulator
Package: SO-8 Pin Type
Manufacturer: ST Microelectronics
The A6902D is a complete step down switching regulator with adjustable current limit. Based on a voltage mode structure it integrates an additional current error amplifier to implement both a constant voltage and constant current control.
The current limit programming is very simple and accurate (± 5%) selecting the proper sensing resistor. The DC-DC converter can be used either as a voltage source with adjustable current
limit (set by using the external sense resistor) or as current source to charge NiMH / NiCd batteries or drive voltage load like LEDs.
1. Qualified following the AEC-Q100 requirements
2. Up to 1 A DC output current
3. Operating input voltage from 8 V to 36 V
4. Output voltage adjustable from 1.235 V to 35 V
5. Precise 3.3 V (±2 %) reference voltage
6. 250 kHz Internally fixed frequency
7. Voltage feedforward
8. Zero-load current operation
9. Internal current limiting
10. Protection against feedback disconnection
11. Thermal shutdown
1. Automotive applications
2. Adjustable current generator
3. Simple step-down converters with adjustable current limit […]