Part Number: AR9287
Function: 2×2 MIMO MAC/BB/Radio, Single-Chip, Wireless Network Adapter Driver
Package: 9 mm x 9 mm 76-pin LPCC
Manufacturer: Atheros Communications
The Atheros AR9287 is a highly integrated single-chip solution for 2.4 GHz 802.11n-ready
WLANs to enable high-performance 2×2 MIMO configurations for applications demanding
robust link quality and maximum throughput and range.
The AR9287 supports two simultaneous traffic streams using up to two integrated transmit
chains and receive chains for high throughput and range performance. Transmit chains combine
baseband in-phase (I) and quadrature (Q) signals, convert them to the desired frequency, and drive
the RF signal to multiple antennas.
1. All-CMOS MIMO solution interoperable with IEEE 802.11b/g/n WLANs
2. 2×2 MIMO technology improves effective throughput and range over existing 802.11b/g products
3. Integrated LNAs, PAs, and RF switches eliminate the need for external front-end modules
4. Supports spatial multiplexing, cyclic-delay diversity (CDD), and maximal ratio combining (MRC)
5. 2.4 GHz WLAN MAC/BB processing