Part Number: B647, 2SB647
Function: -120V, -1A, PNP Transistor
Package: TO-92MOD Type
Manufacturer: Hitachi Semiconductor
The B647 is -120V, -1A, PNP Transistor.
A PNP transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) with a different structure and polarity compared to an NPN transistor.
Here are characteristics of PNP transistors:
1. Structure: A PNP transistor has a sandwich-like structure, consisting of a thin N-type layer (base) sandwiched between two P-type layers (emitter and collector).
2. Polarity: In a PNP transistor, the majority charge carriers are holes, which flow from the emitter to the collector. The emitter is negative relative to the base, and the collector is positive relative to the base.
3. Current flow: When a small current is applied to the base terminal, it allows a much larger current to flow from the emitter to the collector. This is called amplification or gain, and it makes the PNP transistor useful as an electronic switch or amplifier.
• Low frequency power amplifier
• Complementary pair with 2SD667/A Outline
1. Emitter 2. Collector 3. Base 3 2 1 2SB647,
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = -120 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = -80 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = – 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = – 1A
5. Collector Dissipation: Pc = 0.9 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
Electrical Characteristics (Ta = 25°C) 2SB647
Item Collector to base breakdown voltage Collector to emitter breakdown voltage Emitter to base breakdown voltage Collector cutoff current DC current transfer ratio Symbol Min V(BR)CBO V(BR)CEO V(BR)EBO I CBO hFE1- hFE2 Collector to emitter saturation voltage Base to emitter voltage Gain bandwidth product VCE(sat) VBE fT 1 2SB647A Max Min — 10 320 — 1 Typ Max Unit
1. The 2SB647 and 2SB647A are grouped by h FE1 as follows.
2. Pulse test B 2SB647 2SB647A 60 to 120 60 to 120 C 100 to 200 100 to 200 D 160 to 320 — 2 2SB647, 2SB647A Maximum Collector Dissipation Curve