Part Number: BQ20Z65-R1
Function: SBS 1.1-COMPLIANT GAS GAUGE AND PROTECTION ENABLED
Package: TSSOP 44 Pin Type
Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
The bq20z65-R1 SBS-compliant gas gauge and protection IC, incorporating patented Impedance Track technology, is a single IC solution designed for battery-pack or in-system installation.
The bq20z65 measures and maintains an accurate record of available charge in Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries using its integrated high-performance analog peripherals. The device monitors capacity change, battery impedance, open-circuit voltage, and other critical parameters of the battery pack which reports the information to the system host controller over a serial-communication bus.
Together with the integrated analog front-end (AFE) short-circuit and overload protection, the bq20z65-R1 maximizes functionality and safety while minimizing external component count, cost, and size in smart battery circuits.
The implemented Impedance Track gas gauging technology continuously analyzes the battery impedance, resulting in superior gas-gauging accuracy. This enables remaining capacity to be calculated with discharge rate, temperature, and cell aging all accounted for during each stage of every cycle with high accuracy.
1. Flexible Configuration for 2 to 4 Series Li-Ion and Li-Polymer Cells
2. Powerful 8-Bit RISC CPU With Ultralow Power Modes
3. Added Flexibility to Handle More Complex Charging Profiles
4. Drives 3, 4, and 5 Segment LED Display for Battery-Pack Conditions
5. Supports SHA-1 Authentication
6. Complete Battery Protection and Gas Gauge Solution in One Package
1. Notebook PCs
2. Medical and Test Equipment
3. Portable Instrumentation
Other data sheets are available within the file: