Part Number: BQ40Z50
Function: Li-Ion Battery Pack Manager
Package: 32-Lead VQFN Type
Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
The BQ40Z50 device, incorporating patented Impedance Track™ technology, is a fully integrated, single-chip, pack-based solution that provides a rich array of features for gas gauging, protection, and authentication for 1-series, 2-series, 3-series, and 4-series cell Li-Ion and Li-Polymer battery packs.
Using its integrated high-performance analog peripherals, the bq40z50 device measures and maintains an accurate record of available capacity, voltage, current, temperature, and other critical parameters in Li-Ion or Li-Polymer batteries, and reports this information to the system host controller over an SMBus v1.1 compatible interface.
1. Fully Integrated 1-Series, 2-Series, 3-Series, and 4-Series Li-Ion or Li-Polymer Cell Battery Pack
Manager and Protection
2. Next-Generation Patented Impedance Track Technology Accurately Measures Available
Charge in Li-Ion and Li-Polymer Batteries
3. High Side N-CH Protection FET Drive
4. Integrated Cell Balancing While Charging or At Rest
5. Full Array of Programmable Protection Features
(4) Charge Timeout
(5) CHG/DSG FETs
Other data sheets are available within the file: