Part Number: IT8700F
Function: Simple Low Pin Count Input / Output (Simple LPC I/O)
Package: PQFP 128 Pin Type
Manufacturer: Integrated Technology Express
The IT8700F is a LPC Interface based highly integrated Super I/O. The device provides the most commonly used legacy Super I/O functionality plus the Fan Speed Controller and Smart Card Reader interface. The device’ s LPC interface complies with Intel “LPC Interface Specification Rev. 1.0” (Sept. 29, 1997). The IT8700F meets the “Microsoftâ PC98 & PC99 System Design Guide” requirements and is ACPI compliant.
The IT8700F has integrated nine logical devices, featuring a FAN Speed Controller (controls three Fans).
One Fan Speed Controller is responsible to control three fan speeds through three 128 steps of Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) output pins and to monitor three fans’ tachometer inputs.
1. Fan Speed Controller
– Provides Fan ON/OFF and PWM control
– 3 programmable Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Fan control outputs
– Each PWM output supports 128 steps of PWM modes
– Monitors 3 Fan tachometer inputs
2. Smart Card Reader
– Compliant with Personal Computer Smart Card (PC/SC) Working Group standard
– Compliant with smart card (ISO 7816) protocols
– Supports card present detect
– Supports one programmable clock frequency, 7.1 MHz, and 3.5 MHz (default) card clocks