Part Number: L5983
Function: 1.5A, Step-down switching regulator
Package: VFQFPN8 3×3 Type
Image and Pinouts:
The L5983 is a step-down switching regulator with a 2.0 A (min.) current limited embedded
Power MOSFET, so it is able to deliver an output current in excess of 1.5 A DC to the load.
The input voltage can range from 2.9 V to 18 V, while the output voltage can be set starting from
0.6 V to VIN . Having a minimum input voltage of 2.9 V, the device is suitable also for a 3.3 V bus.
Requiring a minimum set of external components, the device includes an internal 250 kHz switching frequency oscillator thatcan be externally adjusted up to 1 MHz.
1. 1.5 A DC output current
2. 2.9 V to 18 V input voltage
3. Output voltage adjustable from 0.6 V
4. 250 kHz switching frequency, programmable up to 1 MHz
5. Internal soft-start and inhibit
6. Low dropout operation: 100% duty cycle
7. Voltage feedforward
8. Zero load current operation
9. Overcurrent and thermal protection
1. Consumer: STB, DVD, DVD recorder, car audio, LCD TV and monitors
2. Industrial: chargers, PLD, PLA, FPGA
3. Networking: XDSL, modems, DC-DC modules
4. Computer: optical storage, hard disk drive, printers, audio/graphic cards
5. LED driving
Other data sheets are available within the file: L-5983