This is one of the Voltage Regulator types.
Part Number: LM2596HV
Function: 3A, Step-Down Voltage Regulator
Package: TO-220(T), TO-263(S) Type
Manufacturer: National, H&Msemi
See the preview image and the PDF file for more information.
The LM2596HV series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 3A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and an ADJ output version.
1. 3.3V, 5V, 12V and adjustable output versions
2. Guaranteed 3A output current
3. Adjustable version output voltage range,1.23V to57V±4% max over line and load conditions
4. 150 kHz fixed frequency internal oscillator
5. TTL shutdown capability, low power standby mode
6. High efficiency
7. Uses readily available standard inductors
8. Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
9. Wide input voltage range up to 60V
10. Requires only 4 external components
1. Simple high-efficiency step-down (buck) regulator
2. On-card switching regulators
3. Positive to negative converter (Buck-Boost)
4. Efficient pre-regulator for linear regulators
Reference Datasheet : [ TI LM2596-ADJ.PDF , Onsemi LM2596-D.PDF ]