Part Number: MAX8772
Function: Dual-Phase, Quick PWM Controller for IMVP-6+ CPU Core Power Supplies
Package: QFN 40 Pin Type ( 6mm x 6mm )
Manufacturer: Maxim Integrated
The MAX8770, MAX8771, MAX8772 are 2/1-phase interleaved Quick-PWM step-down VID power supply controllers for notebook CPUs. True out-of-phase operation reduces input ripple current requirements and output voltage ripple while easing component selection and layout difficulties.
The Quick-PWM control provides instanta neous response to fast load current steps. Active voltage positioning reduces power dissipation and bulk output capacitance requirements and allows ideal positioning compensation for tantalum, polymer, or ceramic bulk out put capacitors.
1. 7-Bit On-Board DAC: 0 to +1.5000V Output Adjust Range
2. Dynamic Phase Selection Optimizes Active/Sleep Efficiency
3. Transient Phase Overlap Reduces Output Capacitance
4. Integrated Boost Switches
5. Active Voltage Positioning with Adjustable Gain
6. Programmable 200kHz to 600kHz Switching Frequency
MAX8772 Datasheet PDF Download
Other data sheets are available within the file:
MAX8770GTL+, MAX8771, MAX8771GTL+, MAX8772