Part Number: MDD5N40
Function: 400V, 3.4A, N-Channel MOSFET
Package: D-Pak, L-Pak Type
The MDI5N40 / MDD5N40 use advanced Magnachip’s MOSFET Technology, which provides low on-state resistance, high switching performance and excellent quality. MDI5N40 is suitable device for SMPS, HID and general purpose applications.
An N-channel MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) is a type of field effect transistor (FET) that uses an N-type semiconductor material as the conducting channel to control the flow of current.
When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it attracts electrons to the channel, creating an inversion layer and allowing current to flow between the source and drain terminals.
N-channel MOSFETs are widely used in a variety of electronic applications due to their high input impedance, fast switching speeds, and low power consumption. They are commonly used as switches, amplifiers, and voltage regulators.
1. VDS = 400V
2. ID = 3.4A @VGS = 10V
3. RDS(ON) ≤ 1.6Ω @VGS = 10V
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = 400 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 30 V
3. Drain current: ID = 3.4 A
4. Power Dissipation: Pd = 45 W
5. Avalanche energy: Ear = 4.5 mJ
6. Channel temperature: Tch = 150 °C
7. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C
1. Power Supply