Part Number: SA26, SA5.0 thr SA180CA
Function: 500W, 26V, TVS Diode
Package : DO-15 Type
Manufacturer: MDE Semiconductor
Image and Pinouts:
The SA26 is 500W, 26V, Glass Passivated Junction TVS Diode.
A Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS) diode is a type of semiconductor device that is specifically designed to protect electronic circuits from voltage spikes, also known as transients. These transients can occur due to a variety of reasons such as switching events in the power supply, electrical noise, and electrostatic discharge (ESD).
TVS diodes are typically connected in parallel with the circuit that needs protection, and when a voltage spike occurs, the TVS diode conducts, thereby diverting the surge current away from the protected circuit. Once the voltage spike has subsided, the TVS diode returns to its non-conducting state, allowing normal circuit operation to resume.
1. Plastic package has Underwriters Laboratory Flammability Classification 94 V-O
2. Glass passivated junction
3. 500W Peak Pulse Power capability on 10/1000 µs waveform
4. Glass passivated junction
5. Low incremental surge resistance
6. Excellent clamping capability
7. Repetition rate (duty cycle): 0.01%
8. Typical IR less than 1μA above 10V
Mechanical Data :
1. Case : JEDEC DO-15 Molded plastic over glass passivated junction
2. Terminals : Plated Axial leads, solderable per MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
3. Polarity : Color band denoted positive end (cathode) except Bipolar
4. Mounting Position : Any
5. Weight : 0.015 ounces, 0.4 grams
Other data sheets are available within the file: SA10, SA100, SA100A, SA10A, SA11