Part Number: AB1120
Function: Bluetooth 3.0 Single Chip
Package: QFN 6mmx6mm 48 Type
AB1120 is a single-chip IC for HID applications, which supports Bluetooth system version
3.0 features including AFH function. It supports sniff sub-rating for longer battery life &
faster re-connect. Bluetooth 3.0 simple-pairing mechanism is also implemented. AB1120’s
scatternet can join up to 3 piconets. It complies with RF transceiver, baseband processor,
PMU, switching regulator, Boost regulator and Li-ion battery charger. Several Serial
Communication Interfaces including USB, UART, I2C and SPI are supported.
1. Compliant with Bluetooth 3.0 specifications
2. HID profile version 1.0 compliant
3. Supports AFH
4. Supports sniff sub-rating for longer battery life & faster re-connect
5. 18 Programmable GPIOs
6. Supports 3 axis detection
7. Supports SPI interface with 3/4-wire mode to sensor IC
8. Supports I2C EEPROM interface
9. Supports UART interface for firmware downloading and peripheral control
10. Supports USB interface for host control
11. Embedded 2 LED drivers with fader
12. Low cost ROM based design with customer code support
13. Embedded power management
A common RF terminal is shared by the TX/RX paths of AB1120 with embedded TX/RX switch. Only an external balun and 3 matching components are required in the RF port.
A Low-IF architecture is implemented in the receiver part. The receiver sensitivity is –88dBm at basic data rate. The RSSI value which indicates the received signal power level is also measured and provided to the upper layers.