Part Number: TPS54020
Function: SWIFT Synchronous Step-Down Converter with Light Load Efficiency
Package: VQFN-HR (RUW) 15 Type
Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
The TPS54020 is a 10-A, 4.5-V to 17-V input SWIFT converter. The innovative 3.5 mm × 3.5 mm HotRod package optimizes high-density step-down designs. The device is a full featured converter.
High efficiency is achieved through the innovative integration and packaging of the high-side and low side MOSFETs. The IC operates at continuous current mode (CCM) at higher load conditions, and transitions to Eco-mode while skipping pulses to boost the efficiency at light loads.
Current limiting on both MOSFETs provides device and system protection. Cycle-by-cycle current limiting in the high-side MOSFET protects for overload situations. Low-side MOSFET zero current detection turns off the low-side MOSFET while operating under light loads. Three selectable current limit thresholds allow a good fit for various applications. A hiccup or cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection scheme is also selectable.
1. 0.6-V voltage reference with ±1% accuracy
2. 200-kHz to 1.2-MHz switching frequency
3. Synchronizes to external clock
4. Start-up into prebiased outputs
5. Overtemperature and overvoltage protection
6. Adjustable soft start and power sequencing
7. Power-good output monitor for undervoltage and overvoltage
TPS54020 Datasheet PDF Download
Other data sheets are available within the file: TPS54020RUWR, TPS54020RUWT