This post explains for the MOSFET.
The Part Number is FMP08N50E.
The function of this semiconductor is 500V, MOSFET.
The package is TO-220AB Type
Manufacturer: Fuji Electric
Preview images :
The 08N50E is 600V, N-Channel Silicon Power MOSFET.
An N-channel MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) is a type of field effect transistor (FET) that uses an N-type semiconductor material as the conducting channel to control the flow of current.
When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it attracts electrons to the channel, creating an inversion layer and allowing current to flow between the source and drain terminals.
N-channel MOSFETs are widely used in a variety of electronic applications due to their high input impedance, fast switching speeds, and low power consumption. They are commonly used as switches, amplifiers, and voltage regulators.
1. Maintains both low power loss and low noise
2. Lower RDS(on) characteristic
3. More controllable switching dv/dt by gate resistance
4. Smaller VGS ringing waveform during switching
5. Narrow band of the gate threshold voltage (3.0±0.5V)
6. High avalanche durability
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = 500 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 500 V
3. Drain current: ID = 7.5 A
4. Maximum Power Dissipation: Pd = 2.02 W
5. Channel temperature: Tch = 150 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C
1. Switching regulators
2. UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)
3. DC-DC converters