The 2N3904 is designed as a general purpose amplifier and switch, The useful dynamic range extends to 100 mA as a switch and to 100 MHz as an amplifier.
Part Number: 2N3904
Function: 40V, 0.2A, NPN General Purpose Amplifier
Package: TO 92, SOT-23, SOT-223 Type
Manufacturer: Fairchild Semiconductor
What is 2N3094?
The 2N3904 is a small signal NPN bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that is commonly used in electronic circuits due to its low cost and wide availability.
It has a maximum voltage rating of 40V and a maximum current rating of 200mA. It has a transition frequency (ft) of 300MHz and a maximum power dissipation of 625mW.
The 2N3904 is commonly used in amplifier circuits, where it can provide high voltage gain and low noise performance. It is also used in switching circuits, where it can turn on and off low to medium-current loads.
Absolute Maximum Ratings :
1. Collector-Emitter Voltage : VCEO =40 V
2. Collector-Base Voltage : VCBO = 60 V
3. Emitter-Base Voltage : VEBO = 6.0 V
4. Collector Current – Continuous : IC = 200 mA
5. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C
1. Low maximum voltage and current rating: limited use in high power applications.
2. Limited temperature range: Performance may be affected at high temperatures.
3. Sensitivity to ESD: Sensitive to electrostatic discharge (ESD), which can damage transistors.
4. Limited frequency response at high currents: They may have limited frequency response at high currents, which may affect performance in certain applications.
Similar parts to the 2N3904 include:
1. PN2222: This is a general-purpose NPN transistor
2. BC547: This is another general-purpose NPN transistor
3. BC337: This is a general-purpose NPN transistor that has higher current gain and higher maximum voltage ratings than the 2N3904.
4. 2SC945: This is a general-purpose NPN transistor
2N3904 Datasheet PDF Download
Other data sheets are available within the file: MMBT3904, PZT3904