What is 2N5179?
It is a high-frequency NPN transistor commonly used in a variety of electronic applications, such as RF amplifiers, oscillators, and mixers. It has a maximum collector current rating of 50 mA and a maximum collector-emitter of 12 V.
Part Number: 2N5179
Function: RF & MICROWAVE DISCRETE LOW POWER TRANSISTOR
Package: TO-72 type
Manufacturer: Advanced Power Technology
Image and Pinouts:
The 2N5179 is a Silicon NPN transistor, designed for VHF and UHF equipment. It is ideal for pre-driver, low noise amplifier, and oscillator applications.
Advantages Vs Disadvantages
1. It is a common and widely available transistor, which makes it easy to find and use in electronic projects.
2. It has a high gain, which is beneficial for amplification in RF applications.
3. The transistor is relatively inexpensive, which makes it a cost-effective option for various electronic projects.
1. It has a relatively low collector current rating of 50 mA, which limits its use in high-current applications.
2. It is not suitable for use in power amplifiers due to its low power dissipation rating.
3. The transistor has a limited voltage rating of 30 V, which may not be sufficient for some applications.
1. Silicon NPN, TO-72 packaged VHF/UHF Transistor
2. Low Noise, NF = 4.5 dB (max) @ 200 MHz
3. High Current-Gain-Bandwidth Product 1.4 Ghz (typ) @ 10 mAdc
4. Characterized with S-Parameters
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 20 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 12 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 2.5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 50 mA
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 300 mw