This is a BCD to decimal decoder/driver integrated circuit that is commonly used in digital electronics.
Part Number: 74LS42
Function: 4-LINE BCD TO 10-LINE DECIMAL DECODER
Package: DIP 16 Pin, PLCC 18 Pin
Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
These monolithic BCD-to-decimal decoders consist of eight inverters and ten four-input NAND gates. The inverters are connected in pairs to make BCD input data availible for decoding by the NAND gates. Full decoding of valid input logic ensures that all outputs remain off for all invalid input conditions.
1. Can be used with a variety of display types, including LEDs and LCDs
2. Provides a straightforward method of decoding BCD inputs and displaying them on a 7-segment display
3. All ouputs are high for invalid input conditions
4. Also for application as
(1) 4-Line-to-16-Line Decoders
(2) 3-Line-to-8-Line Decoders
5. Diode-Clamped Inputs
Other data sheets are available within the file: SN74LS42, 5442A, 54LS42, 7442A, SN5442A