An LCD CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp) inverter controller is a component used in older LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) monitors and televisions that employ CCFL backlighting technology. CCFLs are gas-discharge lamps that were commonly used to provide backlight illumination in LCD screens before the widespread adoption of LED (Light Emitting Diode) backlighting.
Part Number: OZ9936GN
Function: LCD Monitor CCFL Inverter Controller
Package: SOIC 8 Pin Type
The patent pending OZ9936GN is a cost-effective CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp) Power
Management controller designed for driving CCFLs in Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) applications.
The OZ9936 provides two drive signals for most power conversion topologies, such as push-pull,
half-bridge, full-bridge or Class-D inverters while maintaining high-efficiency operation. The highly
integrated controller provides current and voltage regulation, soft-start operation, over-voltage
protection and an external enabling function while maintaining a high-degree of design flexibility.
The application requires a minimum number of off-the-shelf components. […]
• Built-in intelligence to ignite positive impedance CCFLs
• Low cost LCD monitor inverter solution
• Constant operating frequency
• Built-in intelligence for ignition and normal operation of CCFLs
• Built-in open-lamp protection and over-voltage protection
• Optimized soft-start function
• Supports both analog and external PWM dimming control
Other data sheets are available within the file: 0Z9936GN, OZ9936, 0Z9936, OZ9936G,