This designed for use in various networking devices such as switches, routers, and network interface cards.
Part Number: AR8031
Function: Ultra low-power 10/100/1000 RGMII/SGMII Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver
Package: 48-pin QFN Type
Manufacturer: Qualcomm Atheros
The AR8031 is part of the Arctic family of PHYs – which includes the AR8030, AR8033, and AR8031.
This is Qualcomm 4th generation, single port, 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet PHY. It supports both RGMII and SGMII interfaces to the MAC. The AR8031 provides a low-power, low BOM (bill-of-materials) cost solution for a wide range of applications, including enterprise, carrier and home networks, SFP modules and media converters. The device supports both Sync-E and IEEE1588-V2 timing protcols.
The device incorporates a 1.25 GHz SERDES which can be connected directly to fiber-optic transceivers for 1000 Base-X/100 Base-FX mode.
1. SGMII and RGMII MAC interface support
2. Atheros ETHOS-Designed Green Ethernet (EDGE™) power-saving technology
3. Fiber support to 1000Base-X and 100Base-FX with fault detect
4. Integrated MDI termination resistors
5. Full IEEE 802.3az support
1. Supports Wake-On-LAN (WOL) and Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) modes
2. Includes built-in cable diagnostic function for detecting cable issues
3. Provides robust ESD protection for reliable operation
1. High-speed data transfer rates up to 1 Gbps
2. Low power consumption and power-saving features
3. ESD protection ensures reliable operation in harsh environments