Part Number: C3420, 2SC3420
Function: 20V, 5A, NPN Transistor
Package: TO-126 Type
The C3420 is 20V, 5A, Silicon NPN Epitaxial Type Transistor. This is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) made from silicon, a semiconductor material. This transistor is designed for amplifying or switching electronic signals in various electronic circuits.
1. Emitter (N): The heavily doped N-type layer, which is the source of charge carriers (electrons) in the transistor.
2. Base (P): The thin P-type layer, which controls the flow of charge carriers between the emitter and collector.
3. Collector (N): The N-type layer, which collects the charge carriers that pass through the base-emitter junction.
Silicon NPN Epitaxial Planar Transistors are fundamental components in electronic circuits, playing a crucial role in amplification, signal processing, and digital logic. They are widely used in a vast array of electronic devices, including radios, amplifiers, computer processors, and many other applications where signal control and amplification are essential.
1. High DC current gain :
(1) hFE = 140 to 600 (VCE = 2 V, IC = 0.5 A)
(2) hFE = 70 (min) (VCE = 2 V, IC = 4 A)
2. Low saturation voltage: VCE (sat) = 1.0 V (max) (IC = 4 A, IB = 0.1 A)
3. High collector power dissipation :
(1) PC = 10 W (Tc = 25°C),
(2) PC = 1.5 W (Ta = 25°C)
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 50 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 20 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 8 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 5 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 1.5 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. Strobe Flash
2. Audio Power Amplifier