This is one of the NPN transistor types. The C5296 is a high voltage, high current NPN transistor commonly used in power switching applications.
Part Number: 2SC5296
Function: 800V, 8A, NPN Transistor
Package: TO-3PML Type
Manufacturer: Sanyo Semicon Device
This is 800V, 8A, NPN Triple Diffused Planar Silicon Transistor. It is commonly used in power supply circuits, motor control circuits, and other applications that require high voltage and high current switching.
1. High speed : tf=100ns typ.
2. High breakdown voltage : VCBO=1500V.
3. High reliability (Adoption of HVP process).
4. Adoption of MBIT process.
5. On-chip damper diode
Pinout for C5296
Absolute Maximum Ratings at Ta = 25°C
1. Collector-to-Base Voltage : VCBO = 1500 V
2. Collector-to-Emitter Voltage : VCEO = 800 V
3. Emitter-to-Base Voltage : VEBO = 6 V
4. Collector Current : IC = 8 A
5. Collector Current (Pulse) : ICP = 16 A
6. Collector Dissipation : PC = 3.0 W
7. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
1. High voltage and current rating make it suitable for power switching applications
2. High gain allows for low drive current requirements
3. Low saturation voltage reduces power dissipation and improves efficiency
4. TO-3PML package provides easy mounting and heat dissipation
1. Relatively slow switching speed compared to some other power transistors
2. May require additional protection circuitry to prevent damage from voltage spikes or current surges
3. May not be suitable for very high frequency switching applications
1. Ultrahigh-Definition CRT Display
2. Horizontal Deflection Output