This post explains for the 470V, Varistor.
The Part Number is CNR-10D471K.
Package: Radial Type
Preview images :
CNR-10D471K is 470V, Varistor. Varistor are voltage dependent, nonlinear device which have an electrical behavior similar to back-to-back zener diodes. CNR series zinc oxide varistor are nonlinear resistors, consisting main of zinc oxide and several kinds of metal oxide additive. They are bilateral and symmetrical V-I characteristics curve and unparalleled large peak current capability are used for absorption of transient voltage, suppression of pulse noise and circuit voltage stabilization.
1. Surge Protection in consumer electronics
2. Fast response — industrial electronics
3. Excellent voltage ratio — telephone and telecommunication systems
4. High stabilization for circuit voltage — automobile equipments
5. Unparalleled absorption for transient voltage — measuring and controller systems characteristics — electronic home appliances
6. Bilateral and symmetrical V-I Characteristics — gas and petroleum appliances curve
7. Absorption of switching surge […]
A varistor is an electronic component that is used to protect electronic devices from overvoltage surges. It is also known as a voltage-dependent resistor (VDR) or a metal-oxide varistor (MOV).
The basic structure of a varistor consists of a ceramic or metal oxide material with a nonlinear resistance characteristic. When the voltage across the varistor reaches a certain threshold, its resistance decreases sharply, allowing a large current to flow through it and diverting the excess voltage away from the device it is protecting.
Varistors are commonly used in electronic circuits to protect against power surges, lightning strikes, and other voltage spikes that can damage sensitive components. They are also used in power distribution systems, where they help to protect transformers, motors, and other equipment from overvoltage events.