This post explains for the transistor 2SD2646.
The Part Number is D2646.
The function of this semiconductor is 700V, NPN transistor.
The package : TO-3PMLH Type.
Manufacturer: Sanyo Semiconductor
Preview images :
D2646 is 700V, 10A, NPN Triple Diffused Planar Silicon Transistor. A NPN transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) that consists of two n-type semiconductor materials separated by a single p-type material.
The NPN transistor is used to amplify or switch electronic signals and is widely used in many electronic circuits. It works by controlling the current flow between the collector and emitter terminals through the base terminal.
Characteristics of NPN Transistors:
1. Bipolar Junction: NPN transistors are bipolar junction transistors (BJT), meaning they have a structure consisting of three regions of alternating P-type and N-type semiconductors.
2. Current Amplification: NPN transistors are designed to amplify electrical current, and can be used in a wide range of electronic applications such as amplifiers, switches, and oscillators.
3. Forward Biased: In order to operate, the base-emitter junction of an NPN transistor must be forward biased, meaning that the base must be connected to a positive voltage relative to the emitter.
• High speed.
• High breakdown voltage(VCBO=1500V).
• High reliability(Adoption of HVP process).
• Adoption of MBIT process.
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = 1500 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = 700 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = 10 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 3 W
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C