This post explains for the IGBT.
The Part Number is G4PC50W.
The function of this semiconductor is N-channel, 600V, 55A, IGBT.
Package: TO-247AC type
Manufacturer: International Rectifier
Preview images :
G4PC50W is 600V, 55A, IGBT.
IGBT stands for Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor. It is a type of power semiconductor device that combines the advantages of bipolar transistors (high voltage and current handling capability) and field-effect transistors (fast switching and low on-state resistance).
They are also used in applications where high voltage and high current are required, such as in welding equipment and induction heating.
An IGBT consists of a P-N-P-N structure with an insulated gate, which is used to control the flow of current between the emitter and collector terminals. When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it creates a conducting channel between the emitter and collector, allowing current to flow.
When the gate voltage is removed, the channel is turned off, and the IGBT becomes an open switch.
1. Designed expressly for Switch-Mode Power Supply and PFC (power factor correction) applications
2. Industry-benchmark switching losses improve efficiency of all power supply topologies
3. 50% reduction of Eoff parameter
4. Low IGBT conduction losses
5. Latest-generation IGBT design and construction offers tighter parameters distribution, exceptional reliability
1. Lower switching losses allow more cost-effective operation than power MOSFETs up to 150 kHz
(“hard switched” mode)
2. Of particular benefit to single-ended converters and boost PFC topologies 150W and higher
3. Low conduction losses and minimal minority-carrier recombination make these an excellent option for resonant mode switching as well (up to >300 kHz) […]