Part Number: H25R1202, IHW25N120R2
Function: 1200V, 25A, Reverse Conducting IGBT
Package: TO-247-3 Type
H25R1202 is 1200V, 25A, Reverse Conducting IGBT with monolithic body diode. IGBT stands for Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor. It is a type of power semiconductor device that combines the advantages of bipolar transistors (high voltage and current handling capability) and field-effect transistors (fast switching and low on-state resistance).
They are also used in applications where high voltage and high current are required, such as in welding equipment and induction heating.
An IGBT consists of a P-N-P-N structure with an insulated gate, which is used to control the flow of current between the emitter and collector terminals. When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it creates a conducting channel between the emitter and collector, allowing current to flow.
When the gate voltage is removed, the channel is turned off, and the IGBT becomes an open switch.
• Powerful monolithic Body Diode with very low forward voltage
• Body diode clamps negative voltages
• Trench and Fieldstop technology for 1200 V applications offers :
(1) very tight parameter distribution
(2) high ruggedness, temperature stable behavior
• NPT technology offers easy parallel switching capability due to positive temperature coefficient in VCE(sat)
• Low EMI
• Qualified according to JEDEC1 for target applications
• Pb-free lead plating; RoHS compliant
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vces = 1200 V
2. Gate to Emitter Voltage: VGes = ± 20 V
3. Collector Current: Ic = 50 A
4. Drain power dissipation: Ptot = 365 W
5. Operating Junction Temperature: Tch = -40 to +175 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +175 °C
• Inductive Cooking
• Soft Switching