Part Number: K2718, 2SK2718
Function: 900V, 2.5A, N-Channel MOSFET
Package: TO-220NIS Type
Manufacturer: Toshiba Semiconductor
K2718 is Silicon N Channel MOS Type Field Effect Transistor. An N-channel MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) is a type of field effect transistor (FET) that uses an N-type semiconductor material as the conducting channel to control the flow of current.
When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it attracts electrons to the channel, creating an inversion layer and allowing current to flow between the source and drain terminals.
N-channel MOSFETs are widely used in a variety of electronic applications due to their high input impedance, fast switching speeds, and low power consumption. They are commonly used as switches, amplifiers, and voltage regulators.
1. Low drain−source ON resistance : RDS (ON) = 5.6 Ω (typ.)
2. High forward transfer admittance : |Yfs| = 2.0 S (typ.)
3. Low leakage current : IDSS = 100 μA (max) (VDS = 720 V)
4. Enhancement mode : Vth = 2.0~4.0 V (VDS = 10 V, ID = 1 mA)
DC−DC Converter and Motor Drive
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = 900 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 30 V
3. Drain current: ID = 2.5A
4. Drain Power Dissipation: Pd = 40 W
5. Channel temperature: Tch = 150 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +150 °C
(typ.) Note: Using continuously under heavy loads (e.g. the application of high temperature/current/voltage and the significant change in temperature, etc.) may cause this product to decrease in the reliability significantly even if the operating conditions (i.e. operating temperature/current/voltage, etc.) are within the absolute maximum ratings. Please design the appropriate reliability upon reviewing the Toshiba Semiconductor Reliability Handbook (“Handling Precautions”/Derating Concept and Methods) and individual reliability data (i.e. reliability test report and estimated failure rate, etc). […]