Part Number: KLM8G2FE3B-B001
Function: 8GB Memory, e.MMC ( 32Gb MLC x 2 )
Package: 153FBGA Type
The KLM8G2FE3B-B001 is an embedded MMC solution designed in a BGA package form. e·MMC operation is identical to a MMC card and therefore is a simple read and write to memory using MMC protocol v4.41 which is a industry standard.
e·MMC consists of NAND flash and a MMC controller. 3V supply voltage is required for the NAND area (VDDF) whereas 1.8V or 3V dual supply voltage (VDD) is supported for the MMC controller. Maximum MMC interface frequency of 52MHz and maximum bus widths of 8 bit are supported.
There are several advantages of using e·MMC. It is easy to use as the MMC interface allows easy integration with any microprocessor with MMC host. Any revision or amendment of NAND is invisible to the host as the embedded MMC controller insulates NAND technology from the host. This leads to
faster product development as well as faster times to market.
The embedded flash mangement software or FTL(Flash Transition Layer) of e·MMC manages Wear Leveling, Bad Block Management and ECC. The FTL supports all features of the Samsung NAND flash and achieves optimal performance.
1. MultiMediaCard System Specification Ver. 4.41 compatible. Detail description is referenced by JEDEC Standard
2. SAMSUNG e·MMC supports below special features which are being discussed in JEDEC
– High Priority Interrupt scheme is supported
– Back ground operation is supported.
3. Full backward compatibility with previous MultiMediaCard system ( 1bit data bus, multi-e·MMC systems)
4. Data bus width : 1bit (Default) , 4bit and 8bit
5. MMC I/F Clock Frequency : 0 ~ 52MHz, MMC I/F Boot Frequency : 0 ~ 52MHz