Part Number: KS8993, KSZ8993
Function: 3-Port 10/100 Integrated Switch
Package: 128-Pin PQFP Type
Manufacturer: Micrel Semiconductor
The KS8993 contains three 10/100 physical layer transceivers, three MAC (Media Access Control) units with an integrated layer 2 switch. The device runs in two modes. The first mode is a three port integrated switch and the second is as a three port switch with the third port decoupled from the
physical port. In this mode access to the third MAC is provided using a reverse or forward MII (Media Independent Interface) such that an external MAC can be directly connected to the KS8993. This interface also supports the 7-wire (serial network interface) as used by some routing devices. […]
• 3-port 10/100 integrated switch with physical layer transceivers
• 64k Byte of SRAM on chip for frame buffering
• 1.0Gbps high performance memory bandwidth
• 10BaseT, 100BaseTX and 100BaseFX modes of operation
• Support for UTP or fiber installations
• Superior analog technology for reduced power and die size
• Supports port based VLAN
A 3-port 10/100 integrated switch is a networking device commonly used to connect multiple Ethernet devices together within a local area network (LAN).
1. 3-Port: This indicates that the switch has three Ethernet ports available for connecting devices. These ports are used to link computers, printers, networked storage devices, or other networking equipment.
2. 10/100: This refers to the speed at which the switch can operate. It supports both 10 Mbps (megabits per second) and 100 Mbps Ethernet connections. These are standard Ethernet speeds used in many older and some current networking devices. However, they are slower than the more modern Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps) or 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10,000 Mbps) standards.