This is one of the Display Vertical Output IC types.
Part Number: LA78040
Function : TV and CRT Display Vertical Output IC with Bus Control Support
Package: TO-220-7H Type
See the preview image and the PDF file for more information.
The LA78040 is a vertical deflection output IC for high image quality TV and CRT displays that supports the use of a bus control system signal-processing IC. The sawtooth waveform from the bus control system signal-processing IC can directly drive the deflection yoke (including the DC component). Color TV vertical deflection system adjustment functions can be controlled over a bus system by connecting the LA78040 to a Sanyo LA768X series or LA769XX series bus control system signal-processing IC.
1. Built-in pump-up circuit for low power dissipation.
2. Vertical output circuit.
3. Thermal protection circuit.
Maximum Ratings at Ta = 25°C
1. Pump-up block supply voltage (+B2 max) : 34 V
2. Output block supply voltage (+B6 max) : 70 V
3. Allowable power dissipation (Pd max) : 9 W
4. Deflection output current (I5 max) : -1.5 to +1.5 Ap-o
5. Thermal resistance (θj-c) : 3 °C /W
6. Operating temperature (Topr) : -20 to +85 °C
7. Storage temperature (Tstg) : -40 to +150 °C
LA78040 Application Circuit ( Single Power Supply )