Part Number: MXP4004BTS
Function: 40V, 170A, N-Channel MOSFET
Package: TO-220 Type
Manufacturer: MaxPower Semiconductor
MXP4004BTS is 40V, 170A, N-Channel MOSFET. An N-channel MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) is a type of field effect transistor (FET) that uses an N-type semiconductor material as the conducting channel to control the flow of current.
When a positive voltage is applied to the gate terminal, it attracts electrons to the channel, creating an inversion layer and allowing current to flow between the source and drain terminals.
N-channel MOSFETs are widely used in a variety of electronic applications due to their high input impedance, fast switching speeds, and low power consumption. They are commonly used as switches, amplifiers, and voltage regulators.
1. Lead Free
2. Low RDS(ON) to Minimize Conductive Loss
3. Low Gate Charge for Fast Switching Application
4. Optimized V(BR)DSS Ruggedness
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
1. Drain to source voltage: VDSS = 40 V
2. Gate to source voltage: VGSS = ± 20 V
3. Drain current: ID = 170 A
4. Total Power Dissipation: Pd = 231 W
5. Channel temperature: Tch = 150 °C
6. Storage temperature: Tstg = -55 to +175 °C
1. Power Supply
2. DC-DC Converters
3. DC-AC Inverters