An Integrated ADSL2+ Router Controller refers to a device that combines the functionality of an ADSL2+ modem and a router into a single unit. It serves as a central hub for connecting your home or office network to the internet using ADSL technology.
ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) is a popular broadband technology that uses existing copper telephone lines to provide high-speed internet access. ADSL2+ is an enhanced version of ADSL that offers faster download and upload speeds.
The Part Number is RTL8671B.
The function of this semiconductor is Integrated ADSL2+ Router Controller.
The package is LQFP 128 Pin Type
Preview images :
The Realtek RTL8671B / RTL8671BH are integrated SoC featuring a RISC, an ADSL2+ Discrete Multi-tone (DMT) data-pump, a hardware-based ATM Segmentation and Reassembly (SAR), two 10/100Mbps IEEE 802.3 compliant MACs with an embedded Ethernet transceiver, and a USB PHY port. Mated with the Realtek RTL8271B (ADSL2+ Analog Front End), RTL8671B RTL8671BH provide a low cost integrated solution for ADSL2+ CPE modems, routers, or gateways.
RTL8671B / RTL8671BH encompass high-performance DSP technologies, optimized mix-signal
designs, and an efficient architecture to provide a seamless WAN to LAN router controller. The
embedded RISC network processor supports the MIPS I instruction set along with DSP
extensions and achieves a 340MHz clock rate in a six-stage pipeline to support layer 2, 3, and
other upper layer applications.
- Router: The router functionality allows you to create a local area network (LAN) within your home or office. It enables multiple devices to connect to the internet simultaneously and provides features such as network address translation (NAT), firewall protection, and port forwarding.
- Ethernet Ports: The integrated router controller will have one or more Ethernet ports to connect wired devices directly to the network. These ports can be used to connect computers, gaming consoles, smart TVs, or other devices that do not have wireless capabilities.
1. Two-chip ADSL2+ CPE solution:
RTL8671B/ RTL8671BH (ADSL2+/Network Processor SoC) + RTL8271B (ADSL2+Analog Front End).
2. Field proven DMT data-pump complies with ANSI T1.413 Issue 2, ITU-T G992.1, G.992.2 , G.992.3, G.992.4, G.992.5 supporting Annexes A, B, I, J, L, and M.Supports S=1/3 coding.
3. High performance embedded RISC with MMU, TLB and DSP instruction extension.