Part Number: SMCG60
Function: 60V, Transient Voltage Suppressor, 1500W, Diode
Package: DO-215AB Type, Surface Mount
Manufacturer: Vishay Semiconductors
The SMCG60 is 60V, 1500W, TVS, Diode.
A Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS) diode is a type of semiconductor device that is specifically designed to protect electronic circuits from voltage spikes, also known as transients. These transients can occur due to a variety of reasons such as switching events in the power supply, electrical noise, and electrostatic discharge (ESD).
TVS diodes are typically connected in parallel with the circuit that needs protection, and when a voltage spike occurs, the TVS diode conducts, thereby diverting the surge current away from the protected circuit. Once the voltage spike has subsided, the TVS diode returns to its non-conducting state, allowing normal circuit operation to resume.
• Underwriters Laboratory Recognition under UL standard for safety 497B: Isolated Loop Circuit Protection
• Low profile package with built-in strain relief for surface mounted applications
• Glass passivated junction
• Low incremental surge resistance, excellent clamping capability
• 1500W peak pulse power capability with a 10/1000µs waveform, repetition rate (duty cycle): 0.01%
• Very fast response time
• High temperature soldering guaranteed: 250°C/10 seconds at terminals
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS :
Use in sensitive electronics protection against voltage transients induced by inductive load switching and lighting on ICs, MOSFET, signal lines of sensor units for consumer, computer, industrial, automotive, and telecommunication.
Other data sheets are available within the file:
SMCG10, SMCG100, SMCG100A, SMCG10A, SMCG11