Part Number: KY-038, KY038
Function: Microphone Sound Sensor
Package: Module type
Manufacturer: Joy-IT, ETC
KY-038 is Microphone Sound Sensor Module. This sensor module is an electronic component or sensor module designed to detect sound and convert it into an electrical signal that can be processed or analyzed by a microcontroller, microprocessor, or other digital electronics. These modules are commonly used in various applications, including sound-activated systems, voice recognition, noise monitoring, and audio-related projects.
Technical data / Short description :
1. Digital Out : You can use a potentiometer to configure an extreme value for the sonic. IF the value exceeds the extreme value it will send a signal via digital out.
2. Analog Out : Direct microphone signal as voltage value
Functionality of the sensor
The sensor has 3 main components on its circuit board. First, the sensor unit at the front of the module which measures the area physically and sends an analog signal to the second unit, the amplifier. The amplifier amplifies the signal, according to the resistant value of the potentiometer, and sends the signal to the analog output of the module.
The third component is a comparator which switches the digital out and the LED if the signal falls under a specific value. You can control the sensitivity by adjusting the potentiometer.
1. Sound-activated lighting systems.
2. Voice-controlled devices and voice recognition.
3. Audio recording and monitoring systems.
4. Noise-level monitoring and control.
5. Intrusion detection and security systems.
6. Acoustic analysis and measurement equipment.