The TDA2030A is a high-quality audio amplifier chip in mono or stereo configuration originally developed by SGS-THOMSON. The chip is a silicon chip housed in a 14-pin dipping package and is capable of up to 18W of maximum power.
The UTC TDA2030A is a monolithic IC intended for use as low frequency class AB amplifier. With Vs=max=44V it is particularly suited for more reliable applications without regulated supply and for 35W driver circuits using low-cost complementary pairs.
Part Number: TDA2030A
Function: 18W Hi-Fi AMPLIFIER AND 35W DRIVER
Package: TO-220-5, TO-220B Type
Manufacturer: Unisonic Technologies
Image and Pinouts:
What is TDA2030A?
The UTC TDA2030A provides high output current and has very low harmonic and cross-over distortion. Further the device incorporates a short circuit protection system comprising and arrangement for automatically limiting the dissipated power so as to keep the working point of the output transistors within their safe operating area. A conventional thermal shut-down system is also included.
TDA2030A is a monolithic audio amplifier IC designed for high-fidelity audio applications. It can provide up to 18 watts of output power and has a wide supply voltage range of 6V to 22V. It is commonly used in guitar amplifiers, active speakers, and Hi-Fi audio systems.
1. Low harmonic distortion and a low noise floor.
2. Built-in thermal and short-circuit protection.
3. Simple circuit design and requires minimal external components.
4. Built-in gain control feature that allows the user to adjust the voltage gain by changing the value of a resistor.
5. ommonly used in guitar amplifiers, active speakers, and Hi-Fi audio systems.
6. Higher output power than the LM386, making it suitable for high-power audio applications.
7. Wide supply voltage range, making it suitable for a variety of applications.
8. Low distortion and a low noise floor, resulting in high-fidelity sound reproduction.
9. Built-in thermal and short-circuit protection, ensuring the safety of the IC and connected components.
10. imple circuit design and requires minimal external components, making it easy to use.
One of the key advantages of the TDA2030A over the LM386 is its higher output power. It can provide up to 18 watts of output power, which is significantly higher than the LM386’s maximum output power of 700mW. However, the TDA2030A also has a higher supply voltage requirement, which may not be suitable for battery-operated applications.
Other data sheets are available within the file: TDA2030
1. What is the difference between TDA2030 and TDA2030A?
TDA2030A is an improved version of TDA2030 with better performance and added features. TDA2030A has a higher output power, lower distortion, and wider supply voltage range than TDA2030.