Part Number: WM8778
Function: 24-bit, 192kHz Stereo CODEC
Package: 28-lead SSOP Type
Manufacturer: Wolfson Microelectronics plc
The WM8779 is a high performance, stereo audio CODEC. It is ideal for surround sound processing applications for home hi-fi, DVD-RW and other audio visual equipment.
24-bit, 192kHz Stereo CODEC WM8778
The WM8778 is a high performance, stereo audio CODEC. It is ideal for surround sound processing applications for home hi-fi, DVD-RW and other audio visual equipment. The stereo 24-bit multi-bit sigma delta ADC has programmable gain with automatic level control. Digital audio output word lengths from 16-32 bits and sampling rates from 32kHz to 96kHz are supported. A stereo multi-bit sigma delta DAC is used with digital audio input word lengths from 16-32 bits and sampling rates from 32kHz to 192kHz. A multiplexor after the DAC allows the selection of either an external analogue input or DAC playback into the line outputs. The WM8778 supports fully independent sample rates for the ADC and DAC. The audio data interface supports I2S, left justified, right justified and DSP formats. The device is controlled in software via a 2 or 3 wire serial interface which provides access to all features including volume controls, mutes, and de-emphasis facilities. It can also be controlled in hardware which gives access to the most commonly used features. Control interface selection is done via the MODE pin (trilevel).
• Audio Performance − 108dB SNR (‘A’ weighted @ 48kHz) DAC − 102dB SNR (‘A’ weighted @ 48kHz) ADC
• DAC Sampling Frequency: 32kHz – 192kHz
• ADC Sampling Frequency: 32kHz – 96kHz
• Stereo ADC input analogue gain adjust from +24dB to –21dB in 0.5dB steps
• ADC digital gain from -21.5dB to -103dB in 0.5dB steps
• Programmable Automatic Level Control (ALC) or Limiter on ADC input.
• Stereo DAC with analogue line outputs.
• 3-Wire SPI Compatible or 2-wire Serial Control Interface
• Hardware Control Mode
• Master or Slave Clocking Mode
• Analogue Bypass Path Feature
• 2.7V to 5.5V Analogue, 2.7V …
Other data sheets are available within the file:
WM8778 Datasheet PDF Download