What is 1N5408?
It has a maximum peak reverse voltage rating of 1000 volts and a maximum average forward rectified current of 3 amperes.
The function of this semiconductor is 3.0A, 1000V, RECTIFIER.
Package : Axial type
Manufacturer: Diodes Incorporated
Preview images :
This is 3A, 1000V, Rectifier. This diode has a low forward voltage drop and a high surge current capability, which makes it suitable for use in power supply and rectification circuits.
Advantages Vs Disadvantages
1. High voltage rating: It has a high peak reverse voltage rating of 1000V, which makes it suitable for use in high-voltage applications.
2. Low forward voltage drop: The diode has a low forward voltage drop of around 1V, which results in less power dissipation and less heat generation during operation.
3. High surge current capability: The 1N5408 diode has a high surge current capability, which makes it suitable for use in circuits that experience high inrush currents.
1. Slow recovery time: It has a slow recovery time, which means that it takes a longer time to return to a blocking state after the current stops flowing.
2. Limited current rating: The diode has a maximum average forward current rating of 3A, which limits its use in high-power applications.
3. Large size: The 1N5408 diode is relatively large in size compared to other diodes with similar ratings, which may be a disadvantage in some applications where space is limited.
1. Diffused Junction
2. High Current Capability and Low Forward Voltage Drop
3. Surge Overload Rating to 200A PeakLow Reverse Leakage Current
4. Lead Free Finish,RoHSCompliant
1. Case : DO-201AD
2. Case Material : Molded Plastic. UL Flammability, Classification Rating 94V-0
3. Moisture Sensitivity : Level 1 per J-STD-020C
4. Terminals: Finish-Tin. Plated Leads Solderable per MIL-STD-202, Method 208
5.Polarity: Cathode Band
6. Marking: Type Number
7. Weight: 1.1 grams (approximate)
Q1: Can I use a 1N5408 diode to protect my circuit from reverse voltage?
A1: Yes, the 1N5408 diode can be used as a reverse voltage protection diode to prevent reverse voltage from damaging your circuit. Simply connect the diode in series with your circuit so that it blocks the reverse voltage.
Q1: What is the difference between 1N5408 and 1N4007 diodes?
A1: 1N5408 and 1N4007 are both rectifier diodes, but they have different voltage and current ratings. 1N5408 has a higher voltage rating of 1000V compared to 1N4007’s 1000V, and a maximum average forward current rating of 3A compared to 1N4007’s 1A. 1N5408 is also larger in size compared to 1N4007.