What is 2N5179?
It is a high-frequency NPN transistor, designed for use in RF amplifiers, oscillators, and mixers.
The transistor has a maximum collector current rating of 50 mA and a maximum collector-emitter voltage of 12V.
Part Number: 2N5179
Function: 12V, 50mA, NPN Transistor
Package: TO-72 Case
Manufacturer: Central Semiconductor
This is 12V, 50mA, NPN RF Transistor. The CENTRAL SEMICONDUCTOR 2N5179 type is a silicon NPN RF transistor, manufactured by the epitaxial planar process, designed for VHF/UHF amplifier, oscillator, and converter applications.
1. It is a common and widely available transistor, which makes it easy to find and use in electronic projects.
2. It has a high gain, which is beneficial for amplification in RF applications.
3. The transistor is relatively inexpensive, which makes it a cost-effective option for various electronic projects.
4. It has a relatively low collector current rating of 50 mA, which limits its use in high-current applications.
5. It is not suitable for use in power amplifiers due to its low power dissipation rating.
6. The transistor has a limited voltage rating of 30 V, which may not be sufficient for some applications.
MAXIMUM RATINGS: (TA=25°C unless otherwise noted)
1. Collector-Base Voltage : VCBO = 20 V
2. Collector-Emitter Voltage : VCEO = 12 V
3. Emitter-Base Voltage : VEBO = 2.5 V
4. Continuous Collector Current : IC = 50 mA
5. Power Dissipation : PD = 200 mW
6. Power Dissipation (TC=25°C): PD = 300 mW
7. Operating and Storage Junction Temperature TJ, Tstg : -65 to +200 °C