This post explains for the transistor.
The Part Number is A966, 2SA966.
The function of this semiconductor is 30V, 1.5A, PNP Transistor.
The package is TO-92 type
Preview images :
The A966 is -30V, -1.5A, Silicon PNP Epitaxial Type Transistor. A PNP transistor is a type of bipolar junction transistor (BJT) with a different structure and polarity compared to an NPN transistor.
1. Polarity: In a PNP transistor, the majority charge carriers are holes, which flow from the emitter to the collector. The emitter is negative relative to the base, and the collector is positive relative to the base.
2. Current flow: When a small current is applied to the base terminal, it allows a much larger current to flow from the emitter to the collector. This is called amplification or gain, and it makes the PNP transistor useful as an electronic switch or amplifier.
3. Biasing: PNP transistors are biased in the opposite direction to NPN transistors. To turn on a PNP transistor, the base must be more negative than the emitter, and to turn it off, the base must be more positive than the emitter.
1. Complementary to 2SC2236 and 3Watts Output Applications
Absolute maximum ratings ( Ta=25°C )
1. Collector to Base Voltage: Vcbo = – 30 V
2. Collector to Emitter Voltage: Vceo = – 30 V
3. Emitter to Base Voltage: Vebo = – 5 V
4. Collector Current: Ic = – 1.5 A
5. Collector Dissipation : Pc = 900 mW
6. Junction Temperature: Tj = 150°C
7. Storage Temperature: Tsg = -55 ~ +150°C
1. Audio power amplifier